Click HERE to see our Charities in North Carolina
What does North Carolina have that other states don’t? How about The Blue Ridge Mountains, beautiful Ashland, Raleigh, Durham, Duke University and lets not forget NFLs Carolina Panthers. North Carolinians are warm and generous people who care about their communities.
A great way to support North Carolina is by donating your unwanted car. You may not have realized just how easy it is. Center for Car Donations processing vehicle donations for over 250 non-profits nationwide, or you can support local nonprofits like WCPE radio, a nonprofit radio station that provides beautiful classical music to residents in and around Wake Forest, NC.
How to donate a car in North Carolina:
Donating your car in Durham, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Charlotte, Fayetteville or anywhere in North Carolina is so easy. Here’s how:
Here’s how easy it is to donate your car in North Carolina.
- Simply call our toll-free number at 877-411-3662 and tell out representative that you would like to donate your car.
- Or, you can donate online 24 hours a day your convenience.
- Choose to donate your car from one of the 250 nationwide nonprofits we represent, or choose from the list of NC nonprofits
- Have your title ready and give our representative the following information.
- Year, Make and Model
- Vehicle Identification number
- Title Number
- The address where the donated vehicle is located
- The mileage
- The condition (running, starts, interior and exterior)
Once our donation specialist determines your car qualifies, it will be assigned for pick up from one of our reputable local tow companies.
Within 24 hours, a friendly tow truck driver will call you to schedule a convenient time and location to up your car
What do I need to do?
Give the tow driver your signed title. In North Carolina the title needs to be signed in the presence of a notary. (see our forms link for instructions).
The driver will give you an initial receipt. If you do not receive a receipt, contact our office immediately and one will be emailed to you.
When the vehicle sells (usually within 60-90 days) Center for Car Donations will send you a thank you letter. If your car sells for over $500 you will be instructed to call our office with your social security number in order to receive IRS form 1098 B & C.
Why donate your car through Center for Car Donations?Center for Car Donations is registered with the State of North Carolina and we are licensed and bonded to handle your car donations. We have been processing vehicle donations for over 10 years and we are experts at what we do. Colorado nonprofits benefit by receiving the proceeds from donated cars.
So if you are looking to donate your car in North Carolina-look no further. Center for Car Donations is here to make your donation process as easy as 1-2-3.
- Call our toll free number 877-411-3662 or fill out the online form
- Make an appointment to pick up the vehicle
- Get a tax receipt.
Then smile! Youve just donated your car, received a tax write-off and helped a charity!