Click HERE to see our charities in Kentucky
Kentucky, the home to the famous Kentucky Derby and bluegrass music, sits along the west side of the Appalachian Mountains. It is bordered by seven states: Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, Missouri and Illinois.
Why donate a car in Kentucky?
Kentuckians have a great pride in their state. One great way they show they care is about their community is by donating cars, boats and RVs to their favorite nonprofits. For years, Center for Car Donations has been working with nonprofits in Kentucky to help them raise funds by turning their cars into support for their favorite local charities.
How to donate your car in Kentucky.
- Simply call our toll-free number at 877-411-3662 and tell out representative that you would like to donate your car.
- Or, you can donate online 24 hours a day at www.centerforcardonations.com for your convenience.
- Choose to donate your car from one of the 250 nationwide nonprofits Center for Car Donations represents, like the Warrior Foundation, a volunteer agency that provides help and hope to injured returning soldiers. Or choose from the list of Kentucky nonprofits below. If you don’t see your favorite nonprofit on our list, let us know ad we will try to get them signed up to start receiving donated vehicles.
- Have your title ready and give our representative the following information.
- Year, Make, and Model
- Vehicle Identification number
- Title Number
- The address where the donated vehicle is located
- The mileage
- The condition (running, starts, interior and exterior)
- Once our representative determines your car qualifies for donation, we will assign it for pick up from one of our reputable tow companies.
- A tow company will call you within 24 hours to schedule a convenient time and location to up your car.
- Give the tow driver your signed title.
The driver will give you an initial receipt. If you do not receive a receipt, contact our office immediately and one will be emailed to you
Tax write-off when you donate your car in Kentucky
There are many great reasons to donate your car in Kentucky, but many people appreciate the tax write off they get when they make a car donation. If you’re wondering how you get a tax write off it is simple; when your donated vehicle sells (usually within 60-90 days) Center for Car Donations will send you a thank you letter. If your car sells for over $500 you will be instructed to call our office with your social security number in order to receive IRS form 1098 B & C.
Why donate your car thru Center for Car Donations?
Center for Car Donations is registered with the State of Kentucky and we are licensed and bonded to handle your car donations. So you have no worries when you choose to donate your vehicle through us! Center for Car Donations has been processing vehicle donations for over 10 years and we are experts at what we do. Kentucky nonprofits because they receive the proceeds from donated cars.
Select from one of these Kentucky nonprofits:
WEKU Community Radio, located in Richmond, Kentucky, they depend upon the support of the community.
Now in its fifth decade of broadcasting, WEKU went on the air in November of 1968 and since then has been broadcasting its unique mix of award-winning local and regional news as well as national and international news from National Public Radio and the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Where You Can Hear WEKU:
88.9 WEKU Richmond/Lexington
90.9 WEKH Hazard
90.1 WEKP Pineville
88.5 WEKF Corbin
Don’t see your favorite nonprofit here? Let us know and we will contact them and get them signed up so that you can support them.